We all have a pretty good idea of how frequently we need to clean laundry, dishes, etc. But there are many other things in our homes that get neglected. I am often asked, “How often should I clean ….?”
- Bedsheets: You should clean bedsheets once a week. Use warm water and make sure you make your bed everyday. This will keep your bedding in great shape.
- Toilet bowl: This should be cleaned once a week. You can use 1/2 cup white vinegar or 1/4 cup of chlorine bleach and let it sit for several minute.
- Vents: These only need cleaning once a month. Remove the cover and vacuum it with the crevice tool. Soak the cover in warm soapy water while you vacuum, then scrub the cover with a soft brush. Ductwork should be cleaned every 3 – 5 years.
- Pillows: Pillows should be washed every 3 to 6 months.
- Ceiling Fan: These should be cleaned once a week. If you don’t have a ceiling fan brush with an extension handle then you can use a pillow case from a ladder.
- Fireplace: Your fireplace should have a cleaning once a year. Spring is a great time to get it cleaned.
- Window Treatments: Vacuum curtains and screens once a month. Scrub closed blinds with a soft brush and warm soapy water. Repeat on the other side.